COPickyEats Colorado Springs restaurants

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pizza- Late Night Rendezvous

Americans and their pizza have shared more than a connection over the years; it is a full blown love affair. I have cheated on many a diets for the love of my pizza and cheesy bread. Side note: I may be a picky eater but there is one thing I just love… cheese and that will be a running theme throughout my posts.  I like to get my fix for pizza a.k.a cheesy pie at the seedy location of Louie's  Pizza. My husband & I have been fans of Louie's for years, but we always get carry out (I am not impressed with the restaurants atmosphere). Yet the employees are always super friendly and very customer service orientated. Oh and before I forget besure to check out Louie's website for coupons and specials.


My husband loves pepperoni, the all-time American favorite for pizza. But since I don’t eat anything cute (pork= cute piglet) I opt for the cheese. The salads are really basic and nothing I care for; just lettuce olives and tomato. I would just skip the salad all together.

The cheesy garlic bread is phenomenal and is a must have as an appetizer. Thick pieces of warm pizza dough with garlic and mozzarella cheese generously added on top with a light sprinkle of parmesan. 


The marinara sauce is simple but scrumptious and they load the pizzas up with cheese.  Also the crusts are quite enjoyable and satisfying since I am a picky eater I never eat my crust, but Louie's , I usually always do. It is wonderful to support a local business but even better when the local business is so good at what they do. There is nothing like eating Louie's Pizza to remind you of why you love pizza so much!!!

Louies Pizzas on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Getting hungry just thinking about it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy for commenting. I luv me some pizza

      Delete