COPickyEats Colorado Springs restaurants

Sunday, April 15, 2012


Mirch Masala- Sunday Spice


               I was first introduced to Indian food in England by my parents when I was a child. We would go to the Indian buffet after church; it was one of our rituals. I was amazed by my first taste of curry spices with an unusual combination of flavors and textures. Now as an adult that childhood love of Indian food has never vanished.

Here is where I flip the script on you; I was not the picky eater when sampling Indian food... my husband was the picky eater. When I took him to his first Indian buffet he ended up hating pretty much everything he ate. But with a great deal of persistence I was finally able to find an Indian restaurant in town he liked with food he ended up craving. Mirch Masala is the location we love in town and they offer a wonderful buffet that we like to eat at after church on Sundays.










The Chicken Tikka Masala is mouth-wateringly divine; it is a chicken curry which is rich and creamy sauce.  I absolutely love the vegetable samosa which is like deep fried mashed potato puff pastry with peas and curry spices. My husband likes the butter chicken which has of course butter, onions, tomatoes and ginger. Also you are given endless portions of warm buttery naan with the buffet. The cabbage curry is tasty as well as the tandoori chicken which is roasted chicken sautéed in yogurt curry spices which include turmeric (a known cancer fighter). My husband likes more spicy foods so he usually gets the spicy chili chicken which is for those who enjoy a great deal more "flavor".

Naan

Chicken tikka masala, cabbage curry and vegetable samosa



               Vegetable samosa, chicken curry, chicken tikka masala and the spicy chili chicken



               Vegetable samosa


 I like to finish each meal with a brilliantly bright orange mango custard which is sweet, creamy and refreshing after a hot curry. *** Note: The buffets are rarely ever spicy so go for dinner so you can kick up the heat level on your individual curries. Curries are supposed to have many benefits including cancer fighting and Alzheimer’s preventing ingredients or so I have been told. 

Mango custard 

So next time you are in the mood for curry try the Indian Restaurant Mirch Masala off of Academy and Union next to Big Lots. They have great prices for incredible curry.





Mirch Masala on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment